Apple ID not working is a huge problem which does not allow you to perform any task using your Apple devices. So, solving this problem as soon as possible will be your first priority. And the methods to follow to resolve the problem differs depending upon the cause. To know the complete information regarding the said topic, you have to proceed further with this article.
It is advised to read this article completely and till the end, to get the complete information.
Possible Causes for which the Apple ID Not Working Error Arises
There are different causes which are responsible for the Apple ID not working problem and are as listed below:
- Forgotten Apple ID Password
- Apple ID Verification Not Working
Whatever be the cause, you will get the solution for both the types of problem in separate sections of this article. So, let’s not waste time and directly jump to the solutions.
Steps to Fix Forgotten Apple ID Password Glitch
To solve the Apple ID not working issue you can try the steps below.
We have provided the fixes for a range of Apple devices including Mac, iPhone, etc. So, if you forget the password that you have set for your Apple login ID, nothing to worry. Just try the steps as follows:
Step 1: Know Your Apple ID (if forgot)
To reset the Apple ID password, you need to remember the email address that you have saved for your Apple account. If the email address for your Apple ID is not remembered by you, then go through the below instructions:
You might already be signed in on any one of your Apple devices. Then, the steps to follow to know your Apple ID from your Apple account logged in device, are as follows:
iPhone logged in device: Go to Settings> Tap on [your name]/ Go to Settings> Tap on the “iTunes & App Stores” option.
Mac logged in device: Click on the Apple logo> System Preferences> iCloud/ Click on the Apple logo> System Preferences> Internet Accounts> look for accounts with iCloud.
Step 2: Reset Apple ID Password
Now, there are two ways to reset your Apple ID password and are explained below. Follow any of the ways to reset your Apple ID:
Way 1: Two-factor Authentication
To use the two-factor authentication, it has to be enabled for your Apple ID account. And the steps to follow to use this facility are as follows:
Steps for iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
If you are using the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch device then the steps you need to perform to do this task are as follows:
- At first, tap on the Settings option from the iDevice screen.
- Then, under the Settings window select [your name].
- After that, tap on the Password & Security option.
- Next, hit on Change Password.
- Further, you need to follow the onscreen instructions to update the password.
Steps for the Mac Users
However, to reset the password using the Mac device the steps to follow are as explained in the lines below:
- At first, click on the Apple logo.
- After that, from the menu window, select the System Preferences option.
- Next, click on iCloud. And then choose the Account Details option.
- In the next window, you need to click on the “Forgot Apple ID or Password” link.
- And then, follow the further instructions as displays one after the other, to change Apple ID password.
- Alternatively, click on Security> Reset Password, and then, follow the further instructions to solve the Apple ID not working issue.
Way 2: Using a Recovery Key
In case, if you have a recovery key to reset the Apple ID password then you can follow the steps underneath. You can borrow an iPhone from your friend as well to perform the below-said steps:
- Go to the Find My iPhone app, that is the default tool for the iPhone devices.
- After that, when the Sign In window pop-ups, make sure that no past entry is present in it.
- And then, tap on the Forgot Apple ID or Password option.
- Next, follow the on-screen steps to solve the Apple IP not working issue.
Steps to Fix Apple ID Verification Not Working
If the Apple ID verification not working arises then the problem might be that you are not aware of the proper steps of how to verify the Apple ID. To learn the steps study further:
- At first, using a browser navigate to the Apple ID website.
- After that, fill up both the Apple ID and the Password field with the appropriate details.
- Next, tap the Enter button to login into your Apple account.
- Then, from the left-hand side panel of the My Apple ID window, select the Password and Security option. This will get you the Please answer your security questions section window open.
- After answering the security questions correctly, click the Continue button. Then, you will be navigated to the verification page.
- Now, click on the Get Started text under the Verification page.
- Further, click on the Continue button from the next window.
- Now, check your iOS device, You will receive a message which contains the 4 digit code, that is the verification code. Note it down, to use it on your Apple ID. The PIN will be valid for a time range, and that is generated on the Verification window.
- Use the Verification code onto iDevice to complete the verification process.
Hopefully, if you follow the instructions as said above, you will not be facing the Apple ID verification code not working problem.
All these are the complete information to fix the Apple IP not working matter. Hopefully, after following the above instructions you will not be facing an issue like Apple ID password not working. If you are having any further suggestions regarding “how to fix the Apple ID not working problem, then you can comment that in the comment section as given below.
It is suggested to keep your Apple device secure with a strong security password.