A familiar problem among iPhone users is when their Apple ID verification keeps popping up. Many iPhone users have complained about this error that shoots up without any prior symptoms. In most of the cases, the issue appears at the time of rebooting the iPhone from the lock screen. And sometimes, the problem may arise when you are trying to unlock your iPhone after a while of inactivity.
As a result of this error, you will receive a message saying “Enter the password for your Apple ID”. And this message continues to pop up, no matter what you do. This could be one of the most frustrating experiences that you might face while using an iPhone. The problem may occur due to some misconfiguration in the device settings.
If you are experiencing this trouble, then you might find this guide useful. Here, we are providing some of the essential fixes that can help you to get rid of the situation. So, go through the details and implement the fixes and hopefully, you’ll be able to resolve the issue by yourself.
Fixes for Continual Apple ID Verification Pop-Ups
If the issue with the continual popping up of Apple ID verification is bothering you while using your Apple device, then you should try the fixes that we have mentioned here. Try to follow the steps exactly as provided. Do not jump any step or method and hopefully you’ll get your iPhone fixed quickly.
Fix 1: Restart the iPhone
You can get rid of the problem with Apple ID verification simply by restarting your Apple device.
- At first, keep holding the Sleep or Wake button until the Slide to Power Off option appears on your screen.
- Then, turn off the iPhone while using the slider that appears on the device screen. And wait a while.
- After that, press the Sleep or the Wake button again. This will help you turn On the iPhone.
- Thereafter, enter your password.
Fix 2: Sign Out of iCloud and Sign-in Back Again
You can get rid of the problem by following the steps that are mentioned below.
- Tap on the Settings option from the Apple ID Verification pop-up.
- Then, sign in with the iCloud Account with your password.
- After that, select the Settings option, then tap on iCloud.
- Thereafter, click on the Sign Out option.
- Next, select the Delete From iPhone option from the pop-up that appears.
- Then, select the Keep on my iPhone option otherwise you can tap on the Delete from my iPhone.
- Now, sign in back to the iCloud Account and enter your Apple ID and Password.
Fix 3: Update the iOS Version
If you are still dealing with the same situation, then you should update the version of your Apple iOS device. Here, is the procedure that can help you update your device.
- If you get any notification asking for Apple ID verification, then go to the Settings option on your Apple device.
- Then, enter your Apple ID and Password and sign in to your account.
- After that, move on to the General option and tap on the Software Update option.
- Thereafter, check if there is an update available or not. If you find any update, then click on the Updating option and wait until the end of the process.
Fix 4: Reset the iPhone Settings
If you are still experiencing the same problem i.e. the Apple ID verification keeps popping up, then you might resolve the problem by changing the settings of your Apple device. Sometimes, the problem may appear due to some misconfiguration in your iPhone settings. To configure the settings of your iPhone, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, go to the Settings menu and tap on it to open.
- Then, select the Reset All Settings option.
- After that, enter your Apple ID and Password in the dialog box that appears.
- Thereafter, a pop up will appear on your screen. Select the Reset All Settings option.
- Now, check your device to see if the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 5: Make a Backup and Restore the iPhone
If none of these methods help you to resolve the problem with your iPhone, then you should make a back up of your iDevice, and then restore the same. If the procedure is unknown to you, then you should follow the steps that are explained next.
- First, you should make a backup of your iPhone using iCloud.
- After backing up, open your iPhone, go to the Settings option and tap on it.
- Thereafter, tap to the General option and choose the Reset option that you can find in the bottom of the menu.
- After that, select the Erase All Content and Settings button. When the pop-up appears, asking for permission, just tap on Erase iPhone.
- After the deletion is over, a welcome screen will appear. Continue setting up your iPhone, till you reach the Apps & Data screen.
- Tap on Restore from iCloud backup on the Apps & Data screen.
- Now, you will get a prompt asking for your Apple ID and password. Enter them and tap on Next.
- On the next screen, tap on the latest iCloud Backup and your iPhone will automatically download and restore your iPhone to that backup.
The issue with continual popping up of Apple ID verification should be resolved by following the fixes that we have mentioned in our article. If you face any difficulties while performing these steps, then do let us know in the comment section below. If none of the methods help you fix the problem, then you should consult a tech expert for better guidance.