Apple adds a lot of exceptional features and gadgets on its devices and Apple watch is one of the most featured ones. This particular gadget allows the users to take calls, launch messages, social media access and many more. However, there might be some concerns or technical faults with this gadget which can result in Apple update issues. This primarily occurs due to poor internet connection or outdated software. Several users are puzzled with this disturbing situation and make them frustrated.
So, if you are one of those hopeless users and in want of some effective solutions to resolve the Apple update failure issue, then you have landed on the right spot. In this content, we will share all the probable causes and effective solutions to terminate this issue as soon as possible.
Probable Causes for Apple Watch Update Issues:
If you are getting the Apple watch update issues or if the watch is unable to complete its update, then there might be several reasons behind this error. This issue mainly occurs due to software failure. If you are using the outdated version of the iTunes application on your Apple device, then it will surely result in update issues on your Apple watch. Using an outdated version of the iOS is another prime suspect for this issue. So, if you have the poor internet connection or the network failure issues on your device, then it will stop the watch to perform the updates. However, we have enough effective solutions to terminate this issue which we will discuss in the next segment.
Effective Methods to Resolve Apple Update Issues On Apple watch:
We have arranged a few effective methods in order to resolve apple watch update issues in no time. You can go through either one of these solutions or all the solutions discussed below until you have the issue fixed.
Method 1: Check the Internet Connections to Fix the Update Issue on Apple Watch
If you are getting Apple Watch update issues, then this might be occurring due to poor internet connections. You need to check the internet connections at very first before you move to another method. Go through the steps mentioned below in order to check the internet connections on your Apple phone.
- At first, take the Apple device on your hand and tap on the Settings options from the App menu.
- After that, drive to the System Preferences option from the list of the search results and tap on that.
- Now, click on the Assist me option from the very top of the results and click on the Diagnostics option.
- After that, leave your iPhone to complete the task and if you have a good connection, the device will show the results at the last.
After checking the network connection successfully on your Apple device, try to update the Apple watch now. If the issue continues or the above method doesn’t work, try another solution below.
Method 2: Update iTunes to the Latest Version
As it is mentioned in the above section that an outdated version of the iTunes application can stop the Apple watch to perform the update function. Thus, you need to update the application to the latest version. Go through the steps below to update iTunes to the exclusive version.
- At first, if you have an iPhone, turn it On and make sure that you quit the iTunes application.
- Now, navigate to the Apple App store and click on the Update tab.
- After clicking the Update tab, the iPhone will start checking Apple’s server if there are any downloads available for the system. If there any update available, click on the Application.
- Now, click on the ‘Download and Install’ button next to the application file.
- Download the file and install it manually.
After completing all the steps accurately, restart the iPhone and connect it with the Apple watch. Now, check if the watch starts updating or not with the latest version. If still, the issue continues on your watch, try the alternative solution below.
Method 3: Update the iOS to the Latest Version
If the above method fails, you need to update the iOS version to the recently available one. Using an outdated version of the iOS can also result in apple watch update issues. Continue with the steps below to settle the issue on your Apple watch.
- At first, make sure that you have created a backup for all the files and media on your iPhone device so that you can easily retrieve that back after the update gets completed.
- Now, tap the Settings tab on your iPhone and locate the General option from the middle of the list.
- After that, tap on Software Update option, from the very bottom of the screen and wait for the device until the search gets complete.
- If there is any download available for your device, simply tap on that and accept all the License and agreements for the update.
- At last, wait for the software application to be installed, and then your phone will be restarted automatically.
After the update is completed, check for the update issue if it exists or not on your Apple watch. If still, you are getting the issue or the above method fails, try another solution below.
Method 4: Restore the Apple Watch Directly from Settings
You need to restore your Apple Watch directly from the settings and there is no need to use the iTunes service to do so. Follow the steps given below to perform the activity.
- At first, take your iPhone and the Apple watch close together and connect it with the device via Bluetooth.
- After that, click on the Apple watch application from the device and select the My watch tab from the menu.
- Now, locate the General tab from the list of the search results and click on that to invoke the action.
- After that, click on the Reset option from the bottom of the list and tap on Erase Apple watch content and settings option.
- At last, tap on the OK button when prompted to complete the process on your Apple watch.
After successfully resetting the Apple watch, restart the watch and connect it with the device via Bluetooth. Now, check if the issue is resolved and you are able to update the Apple watch to the newer version.
Nowadays, Apple watch is a useful gadget and it really saves our daily work. It seems quite frustrating when you have an Apple watch but it fails to update to the latest version. We have shared all the top-notch and time-saving solutions to eliminate this issue in no time. You should try all the above methods one-by-one until you are able to update the Apple watch. Hope the above article was beneficial enough to assist you on how to fix apple update issues on your Apple watch. In case, the issue still persists or the above-mentioned methods don’t work, then there might be some technical errors or the internal faults. In that case, you can positively consult to an expert or with the Apple store for positive satisfaction. Lastly, we counsel you to drop us your valuable feedback here in the comment box to let us grasp about your experience