Your Apple ID is the key to access all range of Apple services. Thus, the problem arises when you forget your Apple ID or password. We are receiving requests from users on how to recover my Apple ID password. Therefore, we have tried to explain different ways of how to recover the Apple password. If you have forgotten your password, then keep reading this article to know the appropriate solutions.
Methods to Recover Your Apple ID Password
Here are some of the tested ways to recover a lost password.
Method 1: Check Your iOS Device
Apple ID is an important element you require to access different apps. Hence the ID might have been used in various locations on your iOS device. Thus, you will need to open your device and check your Apple ID password. You can recover your Apple password from any of the five ways as mentioned below:
Turn on your device and go to the Settings app. Tap your name and check whether the Apple ID or password appears on the next screen or not.
iTunes and App Store
Launch the Settings app and choose your name at the top of the Settings screen. Then select ‘iTunes and App’ store to find your password.
Tap Settings, choose ‘Messages’ and select the ‘Send and Receive’ option. Your device will display the Apple password at the top of the screen.
Open Settings and tap ‘FaceTime’ to get hold of your forgotten password.
Password and Accounts
Remember this method is only possible for those who have an iCloud account. Go to Settings, navigate to the ‘Passwords and Accounts’ section. Now choose your iCloud account under the ‘Accounts’ tab and note down your password.
Method 2: Check Your Mac
Mac users can use this method to restore their Apple ID. You have the following ways to recover your password on Mac.
Tap the Apple icon and choose ‘System Preferences’ from the menu bar. Select iCloud and check your Apple ID password on the left pane of the screen.
Tap the Apple icon, select ‘System Preferences’ and select your iCloud account. If your Apple password is stored in here, then it will be automatically displayed on the Mac screen.
App Store or Books App
You can either open the App Store or Book app and then select ‘Store’ from the menu bar. If you have used your Apple ID earlier to sign into your account, then the password will be visible next to the ‘View My Account’ link. If your Apple ID or password isn’t visible, then you might haven’t signed into your iCloud account using your Apple ID. So, tap the ‘Sign In’ button and your Apple ID along with its password will popup automatically.
Open ‘Messages’ on your device and select ‘Preferences’ from its menu bar. Go to ‘iMessage’ and find both your Apple ID and password.
Open the FaceTime app on your Mac and tap ‘Preferences.’ Now navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu and check out your Apple ID and password.
iTunes has certain locations where you can look for your Apple ID. So, launch iTunes and choose ‘Preferences’ from the navigation pane. Move to the ‘General’ tab and the Apple password will be visible if the ‘iCloud Music Library’ box is checked.
Alternatively, you can tap ‘Account’ and choose the ‘View My Account’ option just under it. You will see a popup showing your Apple ID and password.
Method 3: Visit the Apple ID Account Website
Open a web browser and enter ‘iCloud.com’ in the address bar. You can also visit the Apple ID Account website on the internet. Those who have saved their login credentials, type your Apple ID and the password will automatically popup.
If you visit ‘iCloud.com,’ choose your name and tap the ‘iCloud Settings’ button. You will be redirected to the Apple ID Account site where you can find your Apple ID as well as password.
If you are unable to visit the Apple ID Account site, then click the ‘Forgot Apple ID or Password’ link. On the next window, type your Apple ID and press ‘Enter’ to recover your password. For more help, tap the ‘Look it up button located at the top of the screen to get back the password.
Method 4: Reset Your Apple Password by Two-Factor Authentication
We have discussed this solution separately for iOS devices and Mac. So, have a look at them and choose the one that goes with your device.
For iPhone, iPad, and iPod Users
- Go to Settings and click your name.
- Scroll down to the ‘Password and Security’ section and tap the ‘Change Password’ button.
- If you get a message that you are signed into iCloud and can change your password, then enter your device passcode.
- Now think of a new password, enter it and tap the ‘Change’ button below.
For Mac Users
- Right-click the Apple icon and choose ‘System Preferences’ from the context menu.
- Select iCloud and click the drop-down arrow next to the ‘Account Details’ menu.
- If asked, enter your device passcode and click the ‘Forget Apple ID or password’ link.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to recover your Apple password.
- If your Mac fails to change your Apple password, then select the ‘Change Password’ option under the ‘Security’ tab.
- Enter the password set for your Mac system and click the ‘Change’ button.
- As prompted, enter a new password and confirm it to set it for your Apple ID.
Method 5: Reset a Forgotten Password With the ‘Find My iPhone’ Feature
If the ‘Find My iPhone’ feature is present on your device, then follow these steps to change the password.
- First, make sure that you have signed out of your Apple account.
- Tap the ‘Forgot Apple ID or password’ button and enter the password you can remember.
- Tap the ‘Change Password’ button and enter the new password.
- Then enter the new password again to confirm it and proceed with the method.
Method 6: Search the Web For a Lost Password
- Launch a web browser and search for the Apple ID Account Website.
- Click ‘Forgot Apple ID or password’ link and tap the ‘Continue’ button.
- Some options will appear on the screen from which you will need to select one to reset your Apple password.
- If you choose a two-step verification, then you will need to confirm your phone number registered with your Apple account.
- Then follow the instructions coming up on the screen to complete this process.
Hope, the concept regarding how to recover Apple Password is clear to you. For any more queries, you are always free to provide your feedback in the comment section below. We won’t take much time to get back to you with a proper answer.